The spread of COVID-19 pandemic has continued to evolve the world over with governments continuing to institute stricter and more impactful measures to ensure the health and safety of their citizens. Kenya continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic with cases steadily rising each day. The Government of Kenya continues to institute lock downs in a handful of counties including the capital – Nairobi. The imposed night-time curfew all over the country also forms part of containment efforts.
As a consequence, to the immediate safety of lives, we are seeing a much wider impact on all of our lives as well as the global economy – Twiga Foods is no exception.
We care for your safety and hygiene and to overcome this unique and historical humanitarian crisis, the safety of Twiga Foods’ stakeholders is paramount. To this effect, we have: –
- Availed personal protective equipment to our staff based on the level of risk they are exposed to in their respective workstations.
- Provided a 24/7 daily temperature taking and monitoring system
- Provided sanitizers, protective masks to all staff members and installed hand washing stations at all our locations including farms.
- Activated our rotational work-from-home program as recommended by the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization. This is aimed at limiting gatherings.
- We have limited access to our warehouse and product handling facilities to crucial personnel only. In addition, we have increased the cleaning and sanitation frequency at all our locations including our trucks and equipment.
- Working closely with local health authorities, as well as following guidelines provided by the World Health Organisation to protect your well-being
- Instituted weekly training and/or sensitization sessions with all our staff members to inform on various measures and share updates as received by the Ministry of Health in Kenya to ensure they protect themselves.
- Enhanced our call center agent’s capacity to ensure immediate client assistance and minimal contact
- Working with partners to equip communities with appropriate information to help flatten the curve. Our role in the #SafehandsKenya #Tibanisisi corporate collaboration ensures rapid manufacture and distribution of free soap, hand-washing stations and masks to Kenyans, as well as to disinfect public spaces with prioritization focused on those in most need.
During this time, we remain operational and committed to our mission to supply high quality produce affordably. In this same spirit, we have enabled a contactless, self-registration process on Twiga Foods’s first to market Soko Yetu platform which provides vendors with diverse product options. Duka and Kiosks owners can now follow an easy step by step registration process by sending – ‘TWIGA + County name’ to 20414 and following the prompts. By doing this, they will get an opportunity to stock up on goods for their outlets, enjoy free delivery within 24hrs of placing an order and access to our Sokoloan upon successful completion of their first order.
In addition, our collaboration with Jumia foods and other food delivery platforms ensures that end consumers receive fresh produce delivered right to their doorstep at close to 50%off compared to supermarket prices.
We are optimistic that we will all get out of this stronger and we urge all of you to practice the prevention measures as guided by the Ministry of Health in Kenya and the World health organization to ensure that you, your colleagues, family and the world are safe.